AW: non gui setup of cygwin possible?

cygwin.20.maillinglist
> To answer the second one: setup.exe supports an unattended install
mode,
> where it installs everything in the Base category and upgrades
installed
> packages automatically.  You can even use a trick to install *any* set
of
> packages automatically -- see my recent reply about the Cygwin package
> server.  I don't know if it's fully interactionless (i.e., there's
that
> "Installation complete" message box that may pop up at the very end),
but
> it should serve your needs.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

   Franz

Re: AW: non gui setup of cygwin possible?

Roy Wiseman

One related question ...
is there a command in cygwin to report the installed
packages ? some command line tool that just lists them
all on the current setup or a log file that I can look
at ?
Thanks,
Roy.

> > To answer the second one: setup.exe supports an
> unattended install
> mode,
> > where it installs everything in the Base category
> and upgrades
> installed
> > packages automatically.  You can even use a trick
> to install *any* set
> of
> > packages automatically -- see my recent reply
> about the Cygwin package
> > server.  I don't know if it's fully
> interactionless (i.e., there's
> that
> > "Installation complete" message box that may pop
> up at the very end),
> but
> > it should serve your needs.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
>
>    Franz

Re: AW: non gui setup of cygwin possible?

Igor Peshansky
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Roy Wiseman wrote:

> One related question ...
> is there a command in cygwin to report the installed
> packages ? some command line tool that just lists them
> all on the current setup or a log file that I can look
> at ?

Welcome to one of the many faces of "cygcheck".  "cygcheck -cd" is what
you're looking for.  If you omit the "-d", cygcheck will even verify that
all the files in the package are present (it won't check if they are
intact, though).
HTH,
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!