ATWIL ?

Mark Geisert
Does it mean "All The World Is Linux" or something else?

..mark

Re: ATWIL ?

cygwin-apps mailing list
Yeah, I meant to ask this too, it doesn't seem to be on the acronyms list.

Hamish
On Oct 27, 2020, at 11:23 PM, Mark Geisert <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Does it mean "All The World Is Linux" or something else?

..mark

Re: ATWIL ?

On 2020-10-27 17:22, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Does it mean "All The World Is Linux" or something else?
>
> ..mark

Perhaps: "Automated Tests Work If Lucky"

Re: ATWIL ?

Mark Geisert writes:
> Does it mean "All The World Is Linux" or something else?

Exactly that.

Re: ATWIL ?

Brian Inglis
On 2020-10-28 01:32, ASSI wrote:
> Mark Geisert writes:
>> Does it mean "All The World Is Linux" or something else?
> Exactly that.

Breach of Commandment #10 ATWAV/ATWA?/ATWI?:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.c/CYgWkWdWCcQ/thMt3RfByAgJ
- 33 years and 2 weeks old

Re: ATWIL ?

Achim Gratz
Brian Inglis writes:
> Breach of Commandment #10 ATWAV/ATWA?/ATWI?:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.c/CYgWkWdWCcQ/thMt3RfByAgJ
> - 33 years and 2 weeks old

I knew that ATWIL was a pun on an earlier variant, although I seem to
remember it was about Cray…  That was of course a joke that you'd not
really get unless you'd seen sources from folks that worked on them, but
I am also not aware of any abbreviation for the "VAX form" in widespread
use.