[ANNOUNCEMENT] vim 8.2.0486-1

Yaakov Selkowitz
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* vim-8.2.0486-1
* vim-common-8.2.0486-1
* vim-minimal-8.2.0486-1
* gvim-8.2.0486-1
* xxd-8.2.0486-1
* vim-doc-8.2.0486-1

Vim (Vi IMproved) is an almost compatible version of the UNIX editor vi.
Almost every possible command can be performed using only ASCII characters.
Many new features have been added: multilevel undo, command line history,
file name completion, block operations, and editing of binary data.

This is an update to the latest release, with new features:

https://www.vim.org/vim-8.2-released.php

Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] vim 8.2.0486-1

Cygwin list mailing list
Yaakov,

How did you get this to build with cygport?

$ cygport vim.cygport all-test
>>> Preparing vim-8.2.0486-1.x86_64
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.0-fixkeys.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.4-specsyntax.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.4-syntax.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.4-nowarnings.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.0-rclocation.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.4-fstabsyntax.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.4-syncolor.patch (-p1):
*** Info: applying patch vim-7.3-manpage-typo-668894-675480.patch (-p1):
*** ERROR: patch vim-manpagefixes-948566.patch will not apply

$ git submodule status
 f58588a265ce39ce10afe8af689f8056376dee14 fedora (vim-7_2_446-2_fc14-3606-gf58588a2)

I had to rebase that patch for Vim 8.1 (and your update to Vim 8.2) to build for me locally via cygport.

/allen