[ANNOUNCEMENT] lftp 4.9.0-2

Cygwin list mailing list
lftp 4.9.0-2 is now available in Cygwin. This is a Cygwin-only update that
tries to fix a segmentation fault some users are seeing in the previous
release, 4.9.0-1[1].

The bug appears to happen only on hosts that aren't IPv6-enabled. The fix
was helpfully contributed by Henry S. Thompson[2]. Thank you, Henry.

I haven't been able to test the patch, since the problem doesn't occur on
any of my hosts. Since version 4.9.0-1 seems to be partly or completely
broken for many users, rather than wait I decided to go ahead and release
this new, patched version to see if it fixes the problem.

Please test this new release, and report on the Cygwin list if the problem
is fixed for you.

lftp is a sophisticated file transfer program and ftp/http/bittorrent
client. It supports multiple network protocols.  It offers tab completion,
command history, job control, and bookmarks. It can mirror sites and
transfer multiple files in parallel. It keeps trying interrupted operations
until it can complete them.

Andrew E. Schulman

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2020-01/msg00076.html
[2] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2020-01/msg00143.html

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain.com_at_cygwin.com

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] lftp 4.9.0-2

Joe Bloggs
This was already fixed on lftp 4.9.1 released by the developer. You should probably just release that version instead of the patched version.

https://github.com/lavv17/lftp/commit/5d344937d60380341c20409c11f135afb630d7ee

Actual release

https://github.com/lavv17/lftp/releases/tag/v4.9.1

--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] lftp 4.9.0-2

Cygwin list mailing list
> This was already fixed on lftp 4.9.1 released by the developer. You should probably just release that version instead of the patched version.

OK, yep. Thanks.

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] lftp 4.9.0-2

thierry blind
> Please test this new release, and report on the Cygwin list if the problem
> is fixed for you.

Hi,
thank you very much for this release and the 4.9.1-1 release, no more segmentation fault, everything seems ok! :)

Greetings,
Thierry.