[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

Peter A. Castro
Fresh from the oven, an updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.6-1) has been
freshly baked and should be at a mirror near you real soon.

This release includes the following:

- updated zprofile (based on profile v3.6)

- various bug fixes and enhancements.

- Note: 4.2.5 was never released for Cygwin because it was too unstable
   in my testing under Cygwin.

- see ChangeLogs:
       http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/zsh/ChangeLog-4.2.6
       http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/zsh/ChangeLog-4.2.5
       http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/zsh/ChangeLog-4.2.4

   To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

   If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list (see http://cygwin.com/lists.html).

               *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

   If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[hidden email]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.

--
Peter A. Castro <[hidden email]> or <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

zzapper
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:55:51 -0800 (PST),  wrote:

>Fresh from the oven, an updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.6-1) has been
>freshly baked and should be at a mirror near you real soon.

Hi Peter,
I'm getting a few warning messages

.zshenv:38: compinit: function definition file not found

colors: function definition file not found

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:55:51 -0800 (PST),  wrote:
>
>> Fresh from the oven, an updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.6-1) has been
>> freshly baked and should be at a mirror near you real soon.
>>
> Hi Peter,
> I'm getting a few warning messages
>
> .zshenv:38: compinit: function definition file not found
> colors: function definition file not found

Can you send me that section of your .zshenv file so I can see what it's
complaining about?

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:28:04 -0800 (PST),  wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:55:51 -0800 (PST),  wrote:
>>
>>> Fresh from the oven, an updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.6-1) has been
>>> freshly baked and should be at a mirror near you real soon.
>>>
>> Hi Peter,
>> I'm getting a few warning messages
>>
>> .zshenv:38: compinit: function definition file not found
>> colors: function definition file not found
>
>Can you send me that section of your .zshenv file so I can see what it's
>complaining about?
Peter,
As you suggested, an uninstalof zsh l followed by install cleared the problem.

I would guess that when one runs setup.exe and the shell itself is being updated zsh bash etc it
would be best to close all running shells?

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips
http://SuccessTheory.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

Igor Peshansky
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:

> As you suggested, an uninstalof zsh l followed by install cleared the
> problem.
>
> I would guess that when one runs setup.exe and the shell itself is being
> updated zsh bash etc it would be best to close all running shells?

Yes, that would be good, since Windows cannot replace in-use files
immediately.  Either that or reboot as setup indubitably asked you to.
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:40:49 -0500 (EST),  wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:
>
>> As you suggested, an uninstalof zsh l followed by install cleared the
>> problem.
>>
>> I would guess that when one runs setup.exe and the shell itself is being
>> updated zsh bash etc it would be best to close all running shells?
>
>Yes, that would be good, since Windows cannot replace in-use files
>immediately.  Either that or reboot as setup indubitably asked you to.
> Igor
I did do the reset but I've been a bit jinxed with my zsh updates, so next time I will belt and
brace as the saying goes.

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips
http://SuccessTheory.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

zzapper
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:40:49 -0500 (EST),  wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:
Hi,
From out of no-where I am now getting the listing of the prototypes of all my scripts when I launch
a new shell and more worryingly the tab completion of file names has stopped working eg ls
fred<TAB>?

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips
http://SuccessTheory.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

zzapper
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:28:04 -0800 (PST),  wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:55:51 -0800 (PST),  wrote:
>>
>>> Fresh from the oven, an updated version of zsh (zsh-4.2.6-1) has been
>>> freshly baked and should be at a mirror near you real soon.
>>>
>> Hi Peter,
>> I'm getting a few warning messages
>>
>> .zshenv:38: compinit: function definition file not found
>> colors: function definition file not found
>
>Can you send me that section of your .zshenv file so I can see what it's
>complaining about?
It was compinit -i what was guilty
have removed it

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips
http://SuccessTheory.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.2.6-1

Peter A. Castro
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, zzapper wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:28:04 -0800 (PST),  wrote:

>>> Hi Peter,
>>> I'm getting a few warning messages
>>>
>>> .zshenv:38: compinit: function definition file not found
>>> colors: function definition file not found
>>
>> Can you send me that section of your .zshenv file so I can see what it's
>> complaining about?
> Peter,
> As you suggested, an uninstalof zsh l followed by install cleared the problem.

Glad to hear it!

> I would guess that when one runs setup.exe and the shell itself is being updated zsh bash etc it
> would be best to close all running shells?

I believe that it's always best to exit all Cygwin processes & services
before running setup.exe.  Especially for packages that have shared
libraries.

--
Peter A. Castro <[hidden email]> or <[hidden email]>