[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-9

Charles Wilson-2
RXVT is a VT102 terminal emulator for both X and Windows.

Brown paper bag release. Version -8 is withdrawn; it erroneously
required the X11 libXpm.  Reported by WxH.

--
Chuck

Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[hidden email]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-9

Marco atzeri-3

---  ha scritto:

> RXVT is a VT102 terminal emulator for both X and
> Windows.
>
> Brown paper bag release. Version -8 is withdrawn; it
> erroneously
> required the X11 libXpm.  Reported by WxH.
>
> --
> Chuck

W11/wrap/wrap.c has still a reference to
/usr/X11R6/bin/

regards
Marco

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-9

rodmedina@cantv.net
RXVT linked in the usual way, works with Windows and with X, but with X it
does not
properly render the dead accents. The RXVT page (bug 842982) states that if
RXVT is linked
with the X libraries (specifying --enable-xim for configure), it will
properly handle the
dead accents.
I think that it would be very nice if a version of RXVT so linked were
available.

RM

Marco Atzeri wrote:

> W11/wrap/wrap.c has still a reference to
> /usr/X11R6/bin/

Yes, because it looks for the libX11-*.dll in a number of different
places, when trying to dlopen it for X-mode operation. You didn't want
me to BREAK rxvt for those people who haven't updated to the latest X11
distribution, did you?

--
Chuck

Rodrigo Medina wrote:
> RXVT linked in the usual way, works with Windows and with X, but with X it
> does not
> properly render the dead accents. The RXVT page (bug 842982) states that if
> RXVT is linked
> with the X libraries (specifying --enable-xim for configure), it will
> properly handle the
> dead accents.

"This release does NOT attempt to address any other known bugs, and I
still have a few patch submissions sitting in my queue. Those will
probably be addressed during the cygwin-1.7 transition, not before."

> I think that it would be very nice if a version of RXVT so linked were
> available.

Not going to happen. The whole native-mode/X-mode split personality --
and allowing end users to install and use rxvt purely in native mode
without requiring any X stuff installed -- demands that rxvt NOT be
linked directly to the X libs.  Therefore, rxvt is limited to only that
set of options that are supported both by libX11 and by libW11.

This does not include XIM input.

However, rxvt-unicode-X /is/ linked directly to the X libs, and is
configured with:
rxvt-unicode (urxvt) v7.7 - released: 2006-02-21
xft,styles,combining,blink,iso14755,encodings=eu+vn+jp+jp-ext+kr+zh+zh-ext,fade,XPM,transparent,tint,XIM,frills,selectionscrolling,wheel,slipwheel,smart-resize,cursorBlink,pointerBlank,scrollbars=plain+rxvt+NeXT+xterm

Give that one a shot.

--
Chuck

--- Charles Wilson  ha scritto:

> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
> > W11/wrap/wrap.c has still a reference to
> > /usr/X11R6/bin/
>
> Yes, because it looks for the libX11-*.dll in a
> number of different
> places, when trying to dlopen it for X-mode
> operation. You didn't want
> me to BREAK rxvt for those people who haven't
> updated to the latest X11
> distribution, did you?
>
> --
> Chuck