[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated/Test: binutils-2.35.1-1, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils-2.35.1-1

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated/Test: binutils-2.35.1-1, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils-2.35.1-1

Achim Gratz

The binutils packages for Cygwin and MingW64 cross-compilation
toolchains have been updated to the latest upstream release 2.35.1.

The packages are currently marked as test, so they require manual
intervention to install.  If you are developing software on Cygwin or
are a package maintainer you are encouraged to install the test version
and report any problems (or lack thereof) on the main Cygwin list.  The
general release will likely be at the end of January.

The GNU Binutils are a collection of binary tools.  Most of these
programs use BFD, the Binary File Descriptor library, to do low-level
manipulation. Many of them also use the opcodes library to assemble and
disassemble machine instructions.

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated/Test: binutils-2.35.1-1, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils-2.35.1-1

Cygwin list mailing list
On 1/10/2021 9:02 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> The binutils packages for Cygwin and MingW64 cross-compilation
> toolchains have been updated to the latest upstream release 2.35.1.
>
> The packages are currently marked as test, so they require manual
> intervention to install.  If you are developing software on Cygwin or
> are a package maintainer you are encouraged to install the test version
> and report any problems (or lack thereof) on the main Cygwin list.

I just built emacs and doxygen with the new binutils on both 64-bit and 32-bit.
  No problems.

Ken Brown via Cygwin writes:

> On 1/10/2021 9:02 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> The binutils packages for Cygwin and MingW64 cross-compilation
>> toolchains have been updated to the latest upstream release 2.35.1.
>> The packages are currently marked as test, so they require manual
>> intervention to install.  If you are developing software on Cygwin or
>> are a package maintainer you are encouraged to install the test version
>> and report any problems (or lack thereof) on the main Cygwin list.
>
> I just built emacs and doxygen with the new binutils on both 64-bit
> and 32-bit.   No problems.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.