[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Corinna Vinschen-2
Hi folks,


I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.11.2-0.1

I'm planning for a release pretty soon since this release fixes
two really bad bugs.

Please test!!!

=======================================================================

Bug Fixes
---------

- Return ESPIPE rather than EINVAL from lseek on a fifo.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00019.html

- Fix a memory corruption when using pipes or FIFOs
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2018-q4/msg00000.html

- Fix potential memory corruption and SEGV if socket(2), socketpair(2),
  accept(2), or accept4(2) fail.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00229.html

=======================================================================


Peace,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 30.10.2018 um 10:12 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> Hi folks,
>
>
> I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.11.2-0.1
>

the files are up, but the setup.ini does not show them
problem with any ovverride.hint ?

Regards
Marco

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct 30 12:41, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 30.10.2018 um 10:12 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> >
> > I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.11.2-0.1
> >
>
> the files are up, but the setup.ini does not show them
> problem with any ovverride.hint ?

I marked them as test release via cygport.  There's no override.hint but
the test marker in the versioned hint file.  No idea what else to do.


¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 30.10.2018 um 12:45 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:

> On Oct 30 12:41, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Am 30.10.2018 um 10:12 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>>
>>> I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.11.2-0.1
>>>
>>
>> the files are up, but the setup.ini does not show them
>> problem with any ovverride.hint ?
>
> I marked them as test release via cygport.  There's no override.hint but
> the test marker in the versioned hint file.  No idea what else to do.
>

It seems the "cygwin" portion of setup.ini was not updated at all.
It is reporting the 2.10.0-1 but the files are not anymore there.

I guess we need to wait the 4 hours round to fully update the setup.ini.
I tested locally with calm the "test:" tag on specific hint files and it
works fine

Regards
Marco


---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Achim Gratz
Am 30.10.2018 um 13:46 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> It seems the "cygwin" portion of setup.ini was not updated at all.
> It is reporting the 2.10.0-1 but the files are not anymore there.

I've checked the sourceware repo and it has the correcxt setup.ini now,
you may need to wait a bit for it to shhow up on a mirror, though.


--
Achim.

(on the road :-)


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Niels Kristian Jensen
In reply to this post by Corinna Vinschen-2
This thread asks for testers. I've read the

https://cygwin.com/faq.html and in particular:
https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.snapshots

without finding a way to run the test release other than simply
replacing the cygwin1.dll with the snapshot one. It seems to run fine,
I've deployed to one of the Jenkins build agents some hours ago.

My question: Is a "test" version of the setup program with an updated
setup.ini available somewhere?

One use-case is: I can set up one of the build agents to always use the
"test" version and compare with the "stable" release - to get an early
warning, if the test version is not compatible with the stable version.

Best regards,
Niels Kristian Jensen
------------------------------------------
Spejd er sejt!

Det Danske Spejderkorps
------------------------------------------

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 31.10.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen:

> This thread asks for testers. I've read the
>
> https://cygwin.com/faq.html and in particular:
> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.snapshots
>
> without finding a way to run the test release other than simply
> replacing the cygwin1.dll with the snapshot one. It seems to run fine,
> I've deployed to one of the Jenkins build agents some hours ago.
>
> My question: Is a "test" version of the setup program with an updated
> setup.ini available somewhere?


It can be installed by the standard setup,
just select 2.11.2-0.1 from the available versions of
cygwin package.

The new setup show better the test versions available.
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00167.html


---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Niels Kristian Jensen
On 2018-10-31 16:16, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Am 31.10.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen:
>> This thread asks for testers. I've read the
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html and in particular:
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.snapshots
>>
>> without finding a way to run the test release other than simply
>> replacing the cygwin1.dll with the snapshot one. It seems to run fine,
>> I've deployed to one of the Jenkins build agents some hours ago.
>>
>> My question: Is a "test" version of the setup program with an updated
>> setup.ini available somewhere?
>
>
> It can be installed by the standard setup,
> just select 2.11.2-0.1 from the available versions of
> cygwin package.
>
> The new setup show better the test versions available.
> https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00167.html

Thank you, I simply did not notice the "Test" check-box in the upper
right corner (available even in 2.893).
Perhaps that should be added to the FAQ?
The current guide seems a bit out-of-date (replacing the dll after
unpack and rename)

It seems that I can push a patch / suggestion here?
https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-htdocs.git

Best regards,
Niels Kristian Jensen

------------------------------------------
Spejd er sejt!

Det Danske Spejderkorps
------------------------------------------

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 01.11.2018 um 09:20 schrieb Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen:
> On 2018-10-31 16:16, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Am 31.10.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen:

>
> Thank you, I simply did not notice the "Test" check-box in the upper
> right corner (available even in 2.893).
> Perhaps that should be added to the FAQ?
> The current guide seems a bit out-of-date (replacing the dll after
> unpack and rename)

The guide is referring to snapshot builds.
Test release are release candidate for larger test audience

> It seems that I can push a patch / suggestion here?
> https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-htdocs.git

use the following mailing lists to discuss and submit patches

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/

>
> Best regards,
> Niels Kristian Jensen

Best Regards
Marco


---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple