1.5.18: Problem installing automake1.9

Colin Eberhardt
Dear All,

I am a first time user of cygwin so I hope this is not a stupid
question. I have searched the archives and googled the web but have not
found an answer yet.

I am hoping to do some C++ development and wish to use GCC, GDB etc...
from cygwin.

I have installed everything I need, apart from automake1.9. The files
are all unpacked, however when the installer runs:

"etc/postinstall/automake1.9.sh"

The following pops up:

"The procedure entry point ___getreent could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin.dll"

I thought that this is the type of error that you see if the wrong
versions of files are being used when trying to link or execute
components?

I am running the installer directly from the cygwin homepage.

Any suggestions?

Colin Eberhardt
Software Engineer
eMail: [hidden email]

TecSphere Ltd
Centre for Advanced Industry
Coble Dene, Royal Quays
Newcastle upon Tyne NE29 6DE
United Kingdom

Direct Dial: +44 (191) 270 31 13
Fax: +44 (191) 270 31 09
http://www.tecsphere.com

Re: 1.5.18: Problem installing automake1.9

Eric Blake (cygwin)

Re: 1.5.18: Problem installing automake1.9

Gerrit P. Haase
Colin Eberhardt wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a first time user of cygwin so I hope this is not a stupid
> question. I have searched the archives and googled the web but have not
> found an answer yet.
>
> I am hoping to do some C++ development and wish to use GCC, GDB etc...
> from cygwin.
>
> I have installed everything I need, apart from automake1.9. The files
> are all unpacked, however when the installer runs:
>
> "etc/postinstall/automake1.9.sh"
>
> The following pops up:
>
> "The procedure entry point ___getreent could not be located in the
> dynamic link library cygwin.dll"
>
> I thought that this is the type of error that you see if the wrong
> versions of files are being used when trying to link or execute
> components?
>
> I am running the installer directly from the cygwin homepage.
>
> Any suggestions?

You have an old version of cygwin1.dll installed, update only cygwin
at first and then reinstall the wanted packages using setup.exe.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=